Swift Transportation established its Scholarship Program to provide college, university or trade/ vocational school funding for the dependent children of Swift Transportation employees that have two consecutive years of employment. Contributions from employees fund the program, with matching funds from the corporation.
Scholarship awards assist our undergraduate and graduate students with up to $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester) toward their tuition expense.
The Arizona Community Foundation (ACF) administers the scholarship, which can be awarded annually for a maximum of 4 consecutive years (8 semesters). ACF contacts students via email each spring with instructions on how to request a renewal.
Who is Eligible for a Scholarship?
- A U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- 21 years of age or younger at time of application deadline when first applying.
- Child/dependent of full-time Swift Transportation employee (Company Driver, Office, Shop, Owner/Operator) with at least two years consecutive employment by application deadline.
- Graduating senior from accredited high school or student already attending accredited post-secondary institution or trade/vocational program.
- Active participant in school/community activities, academically motivated demonstrated by service and extra-curricular questions in the application.
- Preference given to students with high financial need; complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and provide the resulting Student Aid Report (SAR) in the application.
How to Apply - SCHOLARSHIPS OPEN JANUARY 3, 2019
- New students (not previously awarded) "Sign Up" and complete online scholarship application. https://azfoundation.academicworks.com/opportunities/3530
- Submit REQUIRED unofficial transcripts, SAR, and two received reference responses with the application by the MAY 15 DEADLINE. Give references at least 30 days to respond.
- CLICK ON THE BUTTON INDICATING YOUR CONNECTION TO A SWIFT TRANSPORTATION EMPLOYEE OR CONTRACTED OWNER IN SECTION 3 OF THE APPLICATION. DO THIS FIRST TO MAKE SURE YOU GET INTO THE SWIFT SCHOLARSHIP POOL.
- ACF's Scholarship Committee selects annual awards from COMPLETE applications.
- ACF will notify selected students via email in June/July.
- PREVIOUSLY AWARDED STUDENTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RE-APPLY EACH YEAR; ACF will contact them each spring via email about the renewal process for the following academic year.
- The Arizona Community Foundation has 100 online scholarships. Apply using one general application by March 16th to get into as many pools as possible (and no later than May 18th to get into the Swift pool). The system will automatically match students with scholarships for which they are eligible through the general application. To get into the Swift scholarship pool, remember to click the button indicating your connection to a Swift Transportation employee or contracted owner as mentioned above. Find out more at www.azfoundation.org/scholarships
If you haven't received an award email by July 30, contact the ACF Scholarship Department: