Scholarships for college, university or technical training encourage academic achievement for our children. These awards also encourage our young students to participate in campus activities and engage in community service opportunities.
When granted, these renewable awards assist our students with up to $2,500 per year toward their tuition expense.
The Swift Scholarship is administered by the Arizona Community Foundation and can be renewed annually for up to 4 consecutive years (8 semesters). Students will be contacted via email each spring with instructions on how to request continued funding. Students will be considered for renewal as long as they register for and complete a minimum of 12 semester hours in each semester while receiving the scholarship and are determined to be in good standing and eligible for continuation at the post-secondary institution.
Who is Eligible for a Scholarship?
- A U.S. citizen or legal resident
- 21 years of age or younger at time of application deadline when first applying,
- A child or dependent of a full-time Swift Transportation employee (Company Driver, Office, Shop, Owner/Operator) with at least two years of consistent employment by the application deadline,
- A graduating senior from an accredited high school or a student already attending an accredited post-secondary institution or vocational program in undergraduate studies,
- An active participant in school and community activities, academically motivated as determined by a school transcript, recommendations and application materials,
- Preference given to those with high financial need, must complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
How to Apply
- "Sign Up" and complete the online scholarship application.
Swift Scholarship Page at the Arizona Community Foundation Website
- Submit all other required information and documentation including FAFSA, two references, transcripts and essays by MAY 15, 2017 Deadline. Be sure that all required supporting documents are uploaded to your application prior to submission or it will be deemed incomplete.
- The Arizona Community Foundation Scholarship Committee reviews completed applications and supporting documents to make the outcome determination.
- The Scholarship Committee notifies awarded applicants after a determination is made. Awarded students are not required to re-apply each year. ACF will make contact with awarded students each spring and monitor the renewal process for those who wish to renew their award the following academic year.
Arizona Community Foundation
2201 East Camelback Road
Suite 405 B
Phoenix, AZ 85016